(a) Minor changes in the project work that are consistent with the objectives of the project and within the scope of the grant agreement do not require the execution of a formal grant amendment before the grantee's implementation of the change. However, the amount of the funding provided by the grant agreement may only be increased by a formal grant amendment.
(b) The grantee must receive from the Regional Administrator a formal grant amendment before implementing changes which:
(1) Alter the project performance standards;
(2) Alter the type of wastewater treatment provided by the project;
(3) Significantly delay or accelerate the project schedule;
(4) Substantially alter the facilities plan, design drawings and specifications, or the location, size, capacity, or quality of any major part of the project; or
(5) Otherwise require a formal grant amendment under part 30 of this subchapter.
(c) Notwithstanding paragraph (a) of this section, changes to Step 7 projects cannot increase the amount of EPA assistance established at the time of the grant amendment.
[49 FR 6234, Feb. 17, 1984, as amended at 55 FR 27097, June 29, 1990]
Title 40 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.