§ 35.4020Is my community group eligible for a TAG?
(a) Yes, your community group is eligible for a TAG if:
(1) You are a group of people who may be “affected” by a release or a threatened release at any facility listed on the National Priorities List (“NPL”) or proposed for listing under the National Contingency Plan (NCP) where a “response action” under CERCLA has begun;
(2) Your group meets the minimum administrative and management capability requirements found in 40 CFR 30.21 by demonstrating you have or will have reliable procedures for record keeping and financial accountability related to managing your TAG (you must have these procedures in place before your group incurs any expenses); and
(3) Your group is not ineligible according to paragraph (b) of this section.
(b) No, your community group is not eligible for a TAG if your group is:
(1) A “potentially responsible party” (PRP), receives money or services from a PRP, or represents a PRP;
(2) Not incorporated as a nonprofit organization for the specific purpose of representing affected people except as provided in § 35.4045;
(3) “Affiliated” with a national organization;
(4) An academic institution;
(5) A political subdivision (for example, township or municipality); or
(6) Established or presently sustained by ineligible entities that paragraphs (b) (1) through (5) of this section describe, or if any of these ineligible entities are represented in your group.
Title 40 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.