40 CFR 35.6280 - Payments.
(a) General. In addition to the following requirements, the recipient must comply with the requirements regarding payment described in 40 CFR 31.21 (f) through (h).
(1) Assignment of payment. The recipient cannot assign the right to receive payments under the recipient's Cooperative Agreement. EPA will make payments only to the payee identified in the Cooperative Agreement.
(2) Interest. The interest a recipient earns on an advance of EPA funds is subject to the requirements of 40 CFR 31.21(i), “Interest earned on advances.”
(1) Letter of credit. In order to receive payment by the letter of credit method, the recipient must comply with the requirements regarding letter of credit described in 40 CFR 31.20 (b)(7) and 31.21(b). The recipient must identify and charge costs to specific sites, activities, and operable units, as applicable, for drawdown purposes as specified in the Cooperative Agreement.
(2) Reimbursement. If the recipient is unable to meet letter of credit requirements, EPA will pay the recipient by reimbursement. The recipient must comply with the requirements regarding reimbursement described in 40 CFR 31.21(d).
(3) Working capital advances. If the recipient is unable to meet the criteria for payment by either letter of credit or reimbursement, EPA may provide cash on a working capital advance basis. Under this procedure EPA shall advance cash to the recipient to cover its estimated disbursement needs for an initial period generally geared to the recipient's disbursing cycle. Thereafter, EPA shall reimburse the recipient for its actual cash disbursements. In such cases, the recipient must comply with the requirements regarding working capital advances described in 40 CFR 31.21(e).
Title 40 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.