Elements of a sludge management program submission.
(a) Any State that seeks to administer a program under this part shall submit to the Administrator at least three copies of a program submission. The submission shall contain the following:
(1) A letter from the Governor of the State (or in the case of an Indian Tribe in accordance with § 501.24(b), the Tribal authority exercising powers substantially similar to those of a State Governor) requesting program approval;
(2) A complete program description, as required by § 501.12 describing how the State intends to carry out its responsibilities under this part;
(3) An Attorney General's Statement as required by § 501.13 ;
(4) A Memorandum of Agreement with the Regional Administrator as required by § 501.l4; and
(5) Copies of all applicable State statutes and regulations, including those governing State administrative procedures.
(b) (1) Within 30 days of receipt of a State program submission, EPA will notify the State whether its submission is complete. If it is incomplete, EPA will identify the information needed to complete the program submission.
(2) In the case of an Indian Tribe eligible under § 501.24(b), EPA shall take into consideration the contents of the Tribe's request submitted under § 501.22, in determining if the program submission required by § 501.11(a) is complete.
(Information collection requirements in paragraph (a) were approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 2040-0128)
[54 FR 18786, May 2, 1989, as amended at 58 FR 67983, Dec. 22, 1993; 59 FR 64346, Dec. 14, 1994]
Title 40 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.