The State Program Director must prepare annual reports as detailed in this section and must submit any reports required under this section to the Regional Administrator. These reports will serve as the main vehicle for the State to report on the status of its sludge management program, update its inventory of sewage sludge generators and sludge disposal facilities, and provide information on incidents of noncompliance. The State Program Director must submit these reports to the Regional Administrator according to a mutually agreed-upon schedule. The reports specified below may be combined with other reports to EPA (e.g., existing NPDES or RCRA reporting systems) where appropriate and must include the following:
(a) A summary of the incidents of noncompliance which occurred in the previous year that includes:
(1) The non-complying facilities by name and reference number;
(2) The type of noncompliance, a brief description and date(s) of the event;
(3) The date(s) and a brief description of the action(s) taken to ensure timely and appropriate action to achieve compliance;
(4) Status of the incident(s) of noncompliance with the date of resolution; and
(5) Any details which tend to explain or mitigate the incident(s) of noncompliance.
(b) Information to update the inventory of all sewage sludge generators and sewage sludge disposal facilities submitted with the program plan or in previous annual reports, including:
(1) Name and location;
(2) Permit numbers for permits containing sewage sludge requirements;
(3) Sludge management practice(s) used; and
(4) Sludge production volume.
[63 FR 45127, Aug. 24, 1998]
Title 40 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.