§ 61.07Application for approval of construction or modification.
(a) The owner or operator shall submit to the Administrator an application for approval of the construction of any new source or modification of any existing source. The application shall be submitted before the construction or modification is planned to commence, or within 30 days after the effective date if the construction or modification had commenced before the effective date and initial startup has not occurred. A separate application shall be submitted for each stationary source.
(b) Each application for approval of construction shall include—
(1) The name and address of the applicant;
(2) The location or proposed location of the source; and
(3) Technical information describing the proposed nature, size, design, operating design capacity, and method of operation of the source, including a description of any equipment to be used for control of emissions. Such technical information shall include calculations of emission estimates in sufficient detail to permit assessment of the validity of the calculations.
(c) Each application for approval of modification shall include, in addition to the information required in paragraph (b) of this section—
(1) The precise nature of the proposed changes;
(2) The productive capacity of the source before and after the changes are completed; and
(3) Calculations of estimates of emissions before and after the changes are completed, in sufficient detail to permit assessment of the validity of the calculations.
[50 FR 46291, Nov. 7, 1985]
Title 40 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.