(a) This subpart contains emission requirements and compliance schedules for the control of pollutants from certain municipal waste combustors in accordance with section 111(d) and section 129 of the Clean Air Act and 40 CFR part 60, subparts B and Cb. This municipal waste combustor Federal plan applies to each affected facility as defined in § 62.14102 that is not covered by an EPA approved and currently effective State or Tribal plan. This Federal plan, or portions thereof, also applies to each affected facility in any State whose approved State plan is subsequently vacated in whole or in part. This Federal plan, or portions thereof, also applies to each affected facility located in Indian country if the approved Tribal plan for that area is subsequently vacated in whole or in part.
(b) The following authorities shall be retained by the EPA Administrator and not transferred to the State upon delegation of authority to the State to implement and enforce the Federal plan:
(1) An alternative emission standard;
(2) Major alternatives to test methods;
(3) Major alternatives to monitoring;
(4) Waiver of recordkeeping; and
(5) Waiver of training requirement for chief facility operators, shift supervisors, and control room operators who have obtained provisional certification on or before the effective date of this subpart, as provided in § 62.14105(d)(2) of this subpart.
Title 40 published on 2012-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 40.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.