(a) You must control emissions from each cupola as follows:
(1) Limit emissions of particulate matter (PM) from each existing, new, or reconstructed cupola to 0.05 kilograms (kg) of PM per megagram (MG) (0.10 pound [lb] of PM per ton) of melt or less.
(2) Limit emissions of carbon monoxide (CO) from each new or reconstructed cupola to either of the following:
(i) 0.05 kg of CO per MG (0.10 lb of CO per ton) of melt or less.
(ii) A reduction of uncontrolled CO emissions by at least 99 percent.
(b) You must meet the following operating limits for each cupola:
(1) Begin within one hour after the alarm on a bag leak detection system sounds, and complete in a timely manner, corrective actions as specified in your operations, maintenance, and monitoring plan required by § 63.1187 of this subpart.
(2) When the alarm on a bag leak detection system sounds for more than five percent of the total operating time in a six-month reporting period, develop and implement a written quality improvement plan (QIP) consistent with the compliance assurance monitoring requirements of § 64.8(b) -(d) of 40 CFR part 64.
(3) Additionally, for each new or reconstructed cupola, maintain the operating temperature of the incinerator so that the average operating temperature for each three-hour block period never falls below the average temperature established during the performance test.
Title 40 published on 2012-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 40.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.