(a) The provisions of this subpart apply to each new and existing flexible polyurethane foam or rebond foam process that meets the criteria listed in paragraphs (a)(1) through (3) of this section.
(1) Produces flexible polyurethane or rebond foam;
(2) Emits a HAP, except as provided in paragraph (c)(2) of this section; and
(3) Is located at a plant site that is a major source, as defined in § 63.2 of subpart A.
(b) For the purpose of this subpart, an affected source includes all processes meeting the criteria in paragraphs (a)(1) through (a)(3) of this section that are located at a contiguous plant site, with the exception of those processes listed in paragraph (c) of this section.
(c) A process meeting one of the following criteria listed in paragraphs (c)(1) through (3) of this section shall not be subject to the provisions of this subpart:
(1) A process exclusively dedicated to the fabrication of flexible polyurethane foam;
(2) A research and development process; or
(3) A slabstock flexible polyurethane foam process at a plant site where the total amount of HAP, excluding diisocyanate reactants, used for slabstock foam production and foam fabrication is less than or equal to five tons per year, provided that slabstock foam production and foam fabrication processes are the only processes at the plant site that emit HAP. The amount of non-diisocyanate HAP used, HAPused, shall be calculated using Equation 1. Owners or operators of slabstock foam processes exempt from the regulation in accordance with this paragraph shall maintain records to verify that total non-diisocyanate HAP use at the plant site is less than 5 tons per year (4.5 megagrams per year).
HAPused = amount of HAP, excluding diisocyanate reactants, used at the plant site for slabstock foam production and foam fabrication, tons per year
VOLABA, i = volume of HAP ABA i used at the facility, gallons per year
DABA, i = density of HAP ABA i, pounds per gallon
m = number of HAP ABAs used
VOLclean, j = volume of HAP used as an equipment cleaner, gallons per year
Dclean, j = density of HAP equipment cleaner j, pounds per gallon
WTHAPclean, k = HAP content of equipment cleaner j, weight percent
n = number of HAP equipment cleaners used
VOLadh, k = volume of adhesive k, gallons per year
Dadh, k = density of adhesive k, pounds per gallon
WTHAPadh, k = HAP content of adhesive k, weight percent
o = number of adhesives used
Title 40 published on 2014-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 40.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.