(a) The owner or operator shall use the following methods to determine compliance with the applicable emission limits:
(1) Method 1 ( 40 CFR part 60, appendix A) for the selection of the sampling port location and number of sampling ports;
(2) Method 2 ( 40 CFR part 60, appendix A) for volumetric flow rate;
(3) Method 3 or 3A ( 40 CFR part 60, appendix A) for O2 and CO2 for diluent measurements needed to correct the concentration measurements to a standard basis;
(4) Method 4 ( 40 CFR part 60, appendix A) for moisture content of the stack gas;
(5) Method 5 ( 40 CFR part 60, appendix A) for the concentration of PM. Each run shall consist of a minimum run time of 2 hours and a minimum sample volume of 60 dry standard cubic feet (dscf). The probe and filter holder heating system may be set to provide a gas temperature no greater than 177 ±14 °C (350 ±25 °F);
(6) Method 316 or Method 318 (appendix A of this part) for the concentration of formaldehyde. Each run shall consist of a minimum run time of 1 hour;
(7) Method contained in appendix A of this subpart for the determination of product LOI;
(8) Method contained in appendix B of this subpart for the determination of the free-formaldehyde content of resin;
(9) Method contained in appendix C of this subpart for the determination of product density;
(10) An alternative method, subject to approval by the Administrator.
(b) Each performance test shall consist of 3 runs. The owner or operator shall use the average of the three runs in the applicable equation for determining compliance.
Title 40 published on 2012-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 40.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.