(a) This subpart applies to all new and existing ferromanganese and silicomanganese production facilities that manufacture ferromanganese or silicomanganese and are major sources or are co-located at major sources of hazardous air pollutant emissions.
(b) The following sources at a ferromanganese and silicomanganese production facility are subject to this subpart:
(1) Open submerged arc furnaces with a furnace power input of 22 MW or less when producing ferromanganese.
(2) Open submerged arc furnaces with a furnace power input greater than 22 MW when producing ferromanganese.
(3) Open submerged arc furnaces with a furnace power input greater than 25 MW when producing silicomanganese.
(4) Open submerged arc furnaces with a furnace power input of 25 MW or less when producing silicomanganese.
(5) Semi-sealed submerged arc furnaces when producing ferromanganese.
(6) Metal oxygen refining (MOR) process.
(7) Crushing and screening operations.
(8) Fugitive dust sources.
(c) A new affected source is one for which construction or reconstruction commenced after August 4, 1998.
(d) The following table specifies which provisions of subpart A of this part apply to owners and operators of ferromanganese and silicomanganese production facilities subject to this subpart:
General Provisions Applicability to Subpart XXX
Reference, Subpart A General Provisions
Applies to Subpart XXX, §§ 63.1620-63.1679
§ 63.6(h)(7), use of continuous opacity monitoring system, not applicable.
Notification of performance test results changed to a 30-day notification period.
Allow changes in dates by which periodic reports are submitted by mutual agreement between the owner or operator and the State to occur any time after the source's compliance date.
Flares will not be used to comply with the emission limits.
(e) Compliance dates.(1) Each owner or operator of an existing affected source must comply with the requirements of this subpart no later than November 21, 2001.
(2) Each owner or operator of a new or reconstructed affected source that commences construction or reconstruction after August 4, 1998, must comply with the requirements of this subpart by May 20, 1999 or upon startup of operations, whichever is later.
[64 FR 27458, May 20, 1999, as amended at 66 FR 16012, Mar. 22, 2001]
Title 40 published on 2012-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 40.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.