§ 63.2505How do I comply with the alternative standard?
As an alternative to complying with the emission limits and work practice standards for process vents and storage tanks in Tables 1 through 4 to this subpart and the requirements in §§ 63.2455 through 63.2470, you may comply with the emission limits in paragraph (a) of this section and demonstrate compliance in accordance with the requirements in paragraph (b) of this section.
(a)Emission limits and work practice standards.
(1) You must route vent streams through a closed-vent system to a control device that reduces HAP emissions as specified in either paragraph (a)(1)(i) or (ii) of this section.
(i) If you use a combustion control device, it must reduce HAP emissions as specified in paragraphs (a)(1)(i)(A), (B), and (C) of this section.
(A) To an outlet TOC concentration of 20 parts per million by volume (ppmv) or less.
(B) To an outlet concentration of hydrogen halide and halogen HAP of 20 ppmv or less.
(C) As an alternative to paragraph (a)(1)(i)(B) of this section, if you control halogenated vent streams emitted from a combustion device followed by a scrubber, reduce the hydrogen halide and halogen HAP generated in the combustion device by greater than or equal to 95 percent by weight in the scrubber.
(ii) If you use a noncombustion control device(s), it must reduce HAP emissions to an outlet total organic HAP concentration of 50 ppmv or less, and an outlet concentration of hydrogen halide and halogen HAP of 50 ppmv or less.
(2) Any Group 1 process vents within a process that are not controlled according to this alternative standard must be controlled according to the emission limits in tables 1 through 3 to this subpart.
(b)Compliance requirements. To demonstrate compliance with paragraph (a) of this section, you must meet the requirements of § 63.1258(b)(5) beginning no later than the initial compliance date specified in § 63.2445, except as specified in paragraphs (b)(1) through (9) of this section.
(1) You must comply with the requirements in § 63.983 and the requirements referenced therein for closed-vent systems.
(5) You must submit the results of any determination of the target analytes of predominant HAP in the notification of compliance status report.
(6) If you elect to comply with the requirement to reduce hydrogen halide and halogen HAP by greater than or equal to 95 percent by weight in paragraph (a)(1)(i)(C) of this section, you must meet the requirements in paragraphs (b)(6)(i) and (ii) of this section.
(i) Demonstrate initial compliance with the 95 percent reduction by conducting a performance test and setting a site-specific operating limit(s) for the scrubber in accordance with § 63.994 and the requirements referenced therein. You must submit the results of the initial compliance demonstration in the notification of compliance status report.
(7) If flow to the scrubber could be intermittent, you must install, calibrate, and operate a flow indicator as specified in § 63.2460(c)(7).
(8) Use the operating day as the averaging period for CEMS data and scrubber parameter monitoring data.
(9) The requirements in paragraph (a) of this section do not apply to emissions from storage tanks during periods of planned routine maintenance of the control device that do not exceed 240 hr/yr. You may submit an application to the Administrator requesting an extension of this time limit to a total of 360 hr/yr in accordance with the procedures specified in § 63.2470(d). You must comply with the recordkeeping and reporting specified in §§ 63.998(d)(2)(ii) and 63.999(c)(4) for periods of planned routine maintenance.