(a) This subpart applies to each new, reconstructed, and existing affected source within each of the four subcategories listed in § 63.4481(a).
(b) The affected source is the collection of all of the items listed in paragraphs (b)(1) through (4) of this section that are used for surface coating of plastic parts and products within each subcategory.
(1) All coating operations as defined in § 63.4581 ;
(2) All storage containers and mixing vessels in which coatings, thinners and/or other additives, and cleaning materials are stored or mixed;
(3) All manual and automated equipment and containers used for conveying coatings, thinners and/or other additives, and cleaning materials; and
(4) All storage containers and all manual and automated equipment and containers used for conveying waste materials generated by a coating operation.
(c) An affected source is a new source if it meets the criteria in paragraph (c)(1) of this section and the criteria in either paragraph (c)(2) or (3) of this section.
(1) You commenced the construction of the source after December 4, 2002 by installing new coating equipment.
(2) The new coating equipment is used to coat plastic parts and products at a source where no plastic parts surface coating was previously performed.
(3) The new coating equipment is used to perform plastic parts and products coating in a subcategory that was not previously performed.
(d) An affected source is reconstructed if you meet the criteria as defined in § 63.2.
(e) An affected source is existing if it is not new or reconstructed.
Title 40 published on 2012-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 40.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.