What parts of my facility does this subpart cover?
(a) This subpart applies to each new, reconstructed, or existing affected source at leather finishing operations.
(b) The affected source subject to this subpart is the collection of all equipment and activities used for the multistage application of finishing materials to adjust and improve the physical and aesthetic characteristics of the leather surface. This subpart applies to the leather finishing operations listed in paragraphs (b)(1) through (4) of this section and as defined in § 63.5460, whether or not the operations are collocated with leather tanning operations:
(1) Upholstery leather with greater than or equal to 4 grams finish add-on per square foot of leather;
(2) Upholstery leather with less than 4 grams finish add-on per square foot of leather;
(3) Water-resistant/specialty leather; and
(4) Nonwater-resistant leather.
(c) An affected source does not include portions of your leather finishing operation that are listed in paragraphs (c)(1) and (2) of this section:
(1) Equipment used solely with leather tanning operations; and
(2) That portion of your leather finishing operation using a solvent degreasing process, such as in the manufacture of leather chamois, that is already subject to the Halogenated Solvent Cleaning NESHAP ( 40 CFR part 63, subpart T).
(d) An affected source is a new affected source if you commenced construction of the affected source on or after October 2, 2000, and you meet the applicability criteria at the time you commenced construction.
(e) An affected source is reconstructed if you meet the criteria as defined in § 63.2.
(f) An affected source is existing if it is not new or reconstructed.
Title 40 published on 2012-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 40.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.