(a) An alternative emission limitation may be granted under this subpart to an existing source. For the purposes of this subpart only, a source is defined as follows:
(1) A building structure, facility, or installation identified as a source by the EPA in appendix B of this part;
(2) All portions of an entire contiguous plant site under common ownership or control that emit hazardous air pollutants;
(3) Any portion of an entire contiguous plant site under common ownership or control that emits hazardous air pollutants and can be identified as a facility, building, structure, or installation for the purposes of establishing standards under section 112(d) of the Act; or
(4) Any individual emission point or combination of emission points within a contiguous plant site under common control, provided that emission reduction from such point or aggregation of points constitutes a significant reduction of hazardous air pollutant emissions of the entire contiguous plant site.
(b) For purposes of paragraph (a)(4) of this section, emissions reductions are considered significant if they are made from base year emissions of not less than:
(1) A total of 10 tons per year of hazardous air pollutants where the total emissions of hazardous air pollutants in the base year from the entire contiguous plant site is greater than 25 tons per; or
(2) A total of 5 tons per year of hazardous air pollutants where the total emissions of hazardous air pollutants in the base year from the entire contiguous plant site is less than or equal to 25 tons per year.
Title 40 published on 2012-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 40.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.