§ 63.8575What do I need to know about operation, maintenance, and monitoring plans?
(a) For each kiln that is subject to the emission limits specified in Table 1 to this subpart, you must prepare, implement, and revise as necessary an OM&M plan that includes the information in paragraph (b) of this section. Your OM&M plan must be available for inspection by the permitting authority upon request.
(b) Your OM&M plan must include, as a minimum, the information in paragraphs (b)(1) through (13) of this section.
(1) Each process and APCD to be monitored, the type of monitoring device that will be used, and the operating parameters that will be monitored.
(2) A monitoring schedule that specifies the frequency that the parameter values will be determined and recorded.
(3) The limits for each parameter that represent continuous compliance with the emission limitations in § 63.8555. The limits must be based on values of the monitored parameters recorded during performance tests.
(4) Procedures for the proper operation and routine and long-term maintenance of each APCD, including a maintenance and inspection schedule that is consistent with the manufacturer's recommendations.
(5) Procedures for installing the CMS sampling probe or other interface at a measurement location relative to each affected process unit such that the measurement is representative of control of the exhaust emissions (e.g., on or downstream of the last APCD).
(6) Performance and equipment specifications for the sample interface, the pollutant concentration or parametric signal analyzer, and the data collection and reduction system.
(7) Continuous monitoring system performance evaluation procedures and acceptance criteria (e.g., calibrations).
(11) Procedures for responding to operating parameter deviations, including the procedures in paragraphs (b)(11)(i) through (iii) of this section.
(i) Procedures for determining the cause of the operating parameter deviation.
(ii) Actions for correcting the deviation and returning the operating parameters to the allowable limits.
(iii) Procedures for recording the times that the deviation began and ended, and corrective actions were initiated and completed.
(12) Procedures for keeping records to document compliance.
(13) If you operate an affected kiln and you plan to take the kiln control device out of service for routine maintenance, as specified in § 63.8570(e), the procedures specified in paragraphs (b)(13)(i) and (ii) of this section.
(i) Procedures for minimizing HAP emissions from the kiln during periods of routine maintenance of the kiln control device when the kiln is operating and the control device is offline.
(ii) Procedures for minimizing the duration of any period of routine maintenance on the kiln control device when the kiln is operating and the control device is offline.
(c) Changes to the operating limits in your OM&M plan require a new performance test. If you are revising an operating limit parameter value, you must meet the requirements in paragraphs (c)(1) and (2) of this section.
(1) Submit a notification of performance test to the Administrator as specified in § 63.7(b).
(2) After completing the performance test to demonstrate that compliance with the emission limits can be achieved at the revised operating limit parameter value, you must submit the performance test results and the revised operating limits as part of the Notification of Compliance Status required under § 63.9(h).
(d) If you are revising the inspection and maintenance procedures in your OM&M plan, you do not need to conduct a new performance test.
Title 40 published on 2014-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 40.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.