(a) You must submit all of the notifications in §§ 63.7(b) and (c), 63.8(f)(4), and 63.9 (b) through (e), (g)(1), and (h) that apply to you, by the dates specified.
(b) As specified in § 63.9(b)(2) and (3), if you start up your affected source before May 16, 2003, you must submit an Initial Notification not later than 120 calendar days after May 16, 2003.
(c) As specified in § 63.9(b)(3), if you start up your new or reconstructed affected source or affected source described in § 63.8540(f)(1) or § 63.8540(f)(2) on or after May 16, 2003, you must submit an Initial Notification not later than 120 calendar days after you become subject to this subpart.
(d) If you are required to conduct a performance test, you must submit a written notification of intent to conduct a performance test at least 60 calendar days before the performance test is scheduled to begin, as required in § 63.7(b)(1).
(e) If you are required to conduct a performance test or other initial compliance demonstration as specified in Tables 4 and 5 to this subpart, you must submit a Notification of Compliance Status as specified in § 63.9(h) and paragraphs (e)(1) through (3) of this section.
(1) For each compliance demonstration that includes a performance test conducted according to the requirements in Table 4 to this subpart, you must submit the Notification of Compliance Status, including the performance test results, before the close of business on the 60th calendar day following the completion of the performance test, according to § 63.10(d)(2).
(2) In addition to the requirements in § 63.9(h)(2)(i), you must include the information in paragraphs (e)(2)(i) and (ii) of this section in your Notification of Compliance Status:
(i) The operating limit parameter values established for each affected source with supporting documentation and a description of the procedure used to establish the values.
(ii) For each APCD that includes a fabric filter, if a bag leak detection system is used, analysis and supporting documentation demonstrating conformance with EPA guidance and specifications for bag leak detection systems in § 63.8600(e).
(3) For each compliance demonstration required in Table 5 to this subpart that does not include a performance test (i.e., compliance demonstration for the work practice standard), you must submit the Notification of Compliance Status before the close of business on the 30th calendar day following the completion of the compliance demonstration.
(f) If you request a routine control device maintenance exemption according to § 63.8570(e), you must submit your request for the exemption no later than 30 days before the compliance date.
(g) If you own or operate an affected kiln that is subject to the work practice standards specified in Table 3 to this subpart, and you intend to use a fuel other than natural gas or equivalent to fire the affected kiln, you must submit a notification of alternative fuel use within 48 hours of the declaration of a period of natural gas curtailment or supply interruption, as defined in § 63.8665. The notification must include the information specified in paragraphs (g)(1) through (5) of this section.
(1) Company name and address.
(2) Identification of the affected kiln.
(3) Reason you are unable to use natural gas or equivalent fuel, including the date when the natural gas curtailment was declared or the natural gas supply interruption began.
(4) Type of alternative fuel that you intend to use.
(5) Dates when the alternative fuel use is expected to begin and end.
Title 40 published on 2012-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 40.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.