§ 63.8800What performance tests and other procedures must I use to demonstrate compliance with the emission limit for flame lamination?
(a) You must conduct each performance test in Table 3 to this subpart that applies to you.
(b) Each performance test must be conducted according to the requirements in § 63.7(e)(1) and under the specific conditions in Table 3 to this subpart.
(c) You may not conduct performance tests during periods of startup, shutdown, or malfunction, as specified in § 63.7(e)(1).
(d) You must conduct at least three separate test runs for each performance test required in this section, as specified in § 63.7(e)(3). Each test run must last at least 1 hour.
(e) You must determine the percent reduction of HAP emissions during the performance test according to paragraphs (e)(1) through (3) of this section.
(1) If you use chlorinated fire retardant foams, determine the percent reduction of HCl to represent HAP emissions from the source. If you do not use chlorinated fire retardant foams, determine the percent reduction of HCN to represent HAP emissions from the source.
(2) Calculate the concentration of HAP at the control device inlet and at the control device outlet using the procedures in the specified test method.
(3) Compare the calculated HAP concentration at the control device inlet to the calculated HAP concentration at the control device outlet to determine the percent reduction over the period of the performance test, using Equation 1 of this section:
R=Efficiency of control device, percent.
Einlet,i=HAP concentration of control device inlet stream for test run i, mg/dscm.
Eoutlet,i=HAP concentration of control device outlet stream for test run i, mg/dscm.
n=Number of runs conducted for the performance test.
(f) You must also meet the requirements in paragraphs (f)(1) and (2) of this section.
(1) Conduct the performance tests using foams that are representative of foams typically used at your flame lamination affected source. If you use foams containing chlorinated fire retardants, you must conduct the performance tests using these foams.
(2) Establish all applicable operating limits that correspond to the control system efficiency as described in Table 3 to this subpart.
Title 40 published on 2014-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 40.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.