(a) The owner or operator shall compile and maintain the following up-to-date safety information related to the regulated substances, processes, and equipment:
(1) Material Safety Data Sheets that meet the requirements of 29 CFR 1910.1200(g) ;
(2) Maximum intended inventory of equipment in which the regulated substances are stored or processed;
(3) Safe upper and lower temperatures, pressures, flows, and compositions;
(4) Equipment specifications; and
(5) Codes and standards used to design, build, and operate the process.
(b) The owner or operator shall ensure that the process is designed in compliance with recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices. Compliance with Federal or state regulations that address industry-specific safe design or with industry-specific design codes and standards may be used to demonstrate compliance with this paragraph.
(c) The owner or operator shall update the safety information if a major change occurs that makes the information inaccurate.
Title 40 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.