40 CFR 85.1404 - Maintenance of records for urban bus operators; submittal of information; right of entry.
(a) The operator of any urban bus for which this subpart is applicable shall maintain and retain the following adequately organized and indexed records beginning January 1, 1995. Each operator shall keep such records until the five year anniversary of a rebuild or until the engine is rebuilt again, whichever occurs first.
(1) General records. The records required to be maintained under this paragraph shall consist of all purchase records, receipts, and part numbers for parts and components used in the rebuilding of urban bus engines.
(2) Individual records. A brief history of each urban bus subject to the rebuild provisions prescribed under this section including the records and documentation required to be maintained under § 85.1403(f) of this subpart.
(3) Fuel purchase records. The records required under this paragraph consist of all purchase records of fuels for which the operator is claiming additional emission reductions under § 85.1403(c)(2)(iii)(E), purchase records for fuel additives required for use with equipment, and purchase records for fuels, other than diesel fuel, which are used with dual-fueled engines.
(1) Any operator subject to the requirements under this section shall provide any EPA Enforcement Officer, upon presentation of credentials during operating hours, access to the following:
(i) Any facility where records required to be maintained under this section are generated or stored.
(2) Upon admission to any facility referred to in paragraph (b)(1) of this section, any EPA Enforcement Officer shall be allowed:
(ii) To inspect and photograph any urban bus and engine subject to the standards set forth in § 85.1403 of this subpart.
Title 40 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.