(a) The certificate holder subject to any of the provisions of this subpart shall establish, maintain and retain for six years from the date of entry of a nonconforming vehicle or engine imported by the certificate holder, adequately organized and indexed records, correspondence and other documents relating to the certification, modification, test, purchase, sale, storage, registration and importation of that vehicle or engine, including but not limited to:
(2) Any documents or other written information required by a Federal government agency to be submitted or retained in conjunction with the certification, importation or emission testing of motor vehicles or motor vehicle engines;
(3) All bills of sale, invoices, purchase agreements, purchase orders, principal or agent agreements and correspondence between the certificate holder and the purchaser, of each vehicle or engine, and any agents of the above parties;
(4) Documents providing parts identification data associated with the emission control system installed on each vehicle or engine demonstrating that such emission control system was properly installed on such vehicle or engine;
(5) Documents demonstrating that, where appropriate, each vehicle or engine was emissions tested in accordance with the Federal Test Procedure.
(6) Documents providing evidence that the requirements of § 85.1510 have been met.
(7) Documents providing evidence of compliance with all relevant requirements of the Clean Air Act, the Energy Tax Act of 1978, and the Energy Policy and Conservation Act;
(8) Documents providing evidence of the initiation of the “15 day hold” period for each vehicle or engine imported pursuant to § 85.1505 or § 85.1509 ;
(9) For vehicles owned by the ICI at the time of importation, documents providing evidence of the date of sale subsequent to importation, together with the name, address and telephone number of the purchaser, for each vehicle or engine imported pursuant to § 85.1505 or § 85.1509 ;
(10) For vehicles not owned by the ICI at the time of importation, documents providing evidence of the release to the owner subsequent to importation for each vehicle or engine imported pursuant to § 85.1505 or § 85.1509; and
(11) Documents providing evidence of the date of original manufacture of the vehicle or engine.
(b) The certificate holder is responsible for ensuring the maintenance of records required by this section, regardless of whether facilities used by the certificate holder to comply with requirements of this subpart are under the control of the certificate holder.
Title 40 published on 2012-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 40.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.