40 CFR 86.1542 - Information required.
(a) General data—heavy-duty engines. Information shall be recorded for each idle emission test as specified in 40 CFR part 1065, subpart G. The following test data are required:
A central laboratory barometer may be used: Provided, That individual test cell barometric pressures are shown to be within ±0.1 percent of the barometric pressure at the central barometer location.
(b) General data—light-duty trucks. The following information shall be recorded with respect to each test:
(5) Vehicle: ID number, manufacturer, model year, standards, engine family, evaporative emissions family, basic engine description (including displacement, number of cylinders, turbocharger used and catalyst usage), fuel system (including number of carburetors, number of carburetor barrels, fuel injection type and fuel tank(s) capacity and location), engine code, gross vehicle weight rating, inertia weight class and transmission configuration, as applicable.
(6) All pertinent instrument information such as tuning, gain, serial number, detector number and range. As an alternative a reference to a vehicle test cell number may be used, with the advance approval of the Administrator, provided test cell calibration records show the pertinent instrument information.
(7) Recorder charts or computer printouts: Identify zero, span, exhaust gas and dilution air sample traces or computer readings (if applicable).
A central laboratory barometer may be used: Provided, That individual test cell barometric pressures are shown to be within 0.1 percent of the barometric pressure at the central barometer location.
(9) Pressure of the mixture of exhaust and dilution air entering the CVS metering device (or pressure drop across the CFV), the pressure increase across the device, and the temperature at the inlet (if applicable). The temperature may be recorded continuously or digitally to determine temperature variations (if applicable).
(10) The number of revolutions of the positive displacement pump accumulated while exhaust samples are being collected (if applicable). The number of standard cubic feet metered by a critical flow venturi would be the equivalent record for a CFV (if applicable).
Title 40 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.