40 CFR 86.1606 - Labeling.
prev | next
(a) The manufacturer shall make available to the public as part of the altitude performance adjustment instructions the labels described in this section. Instructions for installing the labels according to the requirements of this section shall be provided with each label.
(1) For light-duty vehicles, light-duty trucks, and heavy-duty engines, the label should be affixed in a readily visible position in the engine compartment and beside (to the extent possible) the existing label which is required under § 86.079-35.
(2) For motorcycles, the label should be affixed in a readily accessible position and beside (to the extent possible) the existing label which is required under § 86.413-78(a)(1).
(3) The instructions shall also indicate that the label should not be affixed to any equipment that can be easily detached from the vehicle.
(c) The label must be constructed such that if installed properly, it cannot be removed without destroying or defacing the label.
(d) The label shall contain the following information lettered in the English language in block letters and numerals, which must be of a color that contrasts with the background of the label:
(3) The statement: “This vehicle has been (adjusted) (modified) to improve emission control performance when operated at (high) (low) altitude”;
(4) Information on where altitude performance adjustment instructions may be obtained or include the actual altitude performance adjustment instructions;
Title 40 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.