40 CFR 86.1930 - What special provisions apply from 2005 through 2010?
prev | next
(a) We may direct you to test engines under this subpart for emissions other than PM in 2005 and 2006, and for PM emissions in 2007 through 2010. In those interim periods, all the provisions of this subpart apply, except as specified in this paragraph (a). You may apply the exceptions identified in this section for both years of the applicable years for emissions other than PM. You may omit testing and reporting in two of the four applicable years for PM emissions.
(1) We will select engine families for testing of emissions other than PM only when the manufacturer's Statement of Compliance specifically describes the family as being designed to comply with NTE requirements.
(2) We will not direct you to do the Phase 2 testing in § 86.1915(c), regardless of measured emission levels.
(3) For purposes of calculating the NTE thresholds under § 86.1912(a) for any 2006 and earlier model year engine that is not subject to the emission standards in § 86.007-11, determine the applicable NTE standards as follows:
(i) If any numerical NTE requirements specified in the terms of any consent decree apply to the engine family, use those values as the NTE standards for testing under this subpart.
(ii) If a numerical NTE requirement is not specified in a consent decree for the engine family, the NTE standards are 1.25 times the applicable FELs or the applicable emission standards specified in § 86.004-11(a)(1) or § 86.098-11(a)(1).
(4) In the report required in § 86.1920(b), you must submit the deficiencies and limited testing region reports (see §§ 86.007-11(a)(4)(iv) and 86.1370-2007(b)(6) and (7)) for 2006 and earlier model year engines tested under this section.
(5) You must notify the Designated Compliance Officer by September 30, 2010 whether or not you will submit test reports for PM emissions for each of the four years from 2007 through 2010. See 40 CFR 1068.30 for the contact information for the Designated Compliance Officer.
(1) You must complete all the required testing and reporting under this subpart related to emissions other than PM by the following dates:
(2) You must complete all the required testing and reporting under this subpart related to PM emissions by the following dates:
(c) For 2007 through 2009 all the provisions of this subpart and paragraph (a) of this section apply, with the following additional exceptions:
(1) You must complete all the required testing and reporting under this subpart by the following dates:
(2) You may conduct non-PM and PM testing on different vehicles for engine families that we designate in 2007 and 2008.
(iii) Each test vehicle must be operated on a route and under operating conditions that reasonably replicate the use of the selected vehicle type when operated in typical revenue service, unless otherwise approved by us.
Title 40 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.