40 CFR 86.319-79 - Analyzer checks and calibrations; frequency and overview.
(a) Prior to initial use and after major repairs, bench check each analyzer (see § 86.320).
(b) At least monthly during testing, check the NOX converter efficiency, as described in § 86.332.
(1) Leak check the pressure side of the system (see § 86.328). If the option described in § 86.328(b)(2) is used, a pressure leak check is not required.
(2) Calibrate all analyzers (see §§ 86.330 through 86.332).
(3) Check the analysis system response time (see § 86.329). If the option described in § 86.329(b) is used, a response time check is not required.
(4) Verify that the automatic data collection system (if used) meets the chart reading requirements found in § 86.343.
(5) Check the fuel flow measurement instrument to insure that the specifications in § 86.314 are met. Flow meters of the tapered tube and float design (rotometers) or the balance beam principle need be checked only every 90 days.
(d) At least once every 90 days during testing check the water rejection ratio and the CO2 rejection ratio on all NDIR analyzers (see §§ 86.321 and 86.322).
(e) At least once every 180 days during testing check the dynamometer test stand and power output instrumentation (see § 86.333).
[42 FR 45154, Sept. 8, 1977, as amended at 58 FR 58422, Nov. 1, 1993]
Title 40 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.