40 CFR 86.320-79 - Analyzer bench check.
(a) Prior to initial use and after major repairs verify that each analyzer complies with the following specifications:
(1) Response time (see § 86.315(a)).
(2) Precision (see § 86.315(b)).
(3) Noise (see § 86.315(c)).
(4) Zero drift (see § 86.315(d)).
(5) Span drift (see § 86.315(e)).
(8) Quench check, CL analyzers only (see § 86.327).
(b) If a stainless steel NO2 to NO converter is used, condition all new or replacement converters. The conditioning consists of either purging the converter with air for a minimum of 4 hours or until the converter efficiency is greater than 90 percent. The converter must be at operational temperature while purging. Do not use this procedure prior to checking converter efficiency on in-use converters.
Title 40 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.