(1) Any location within the analysis system where a vacuum leak could affect the test results must be checked.
(2) The maximum allowable leakage rate on the vacuum side is 0.5 percent of the in-use flow rate for the portion of the system being checked. the analyzer flows and bypass flows may be used to estimate the in-use flow rates.
(3) The sample probe and the connection between the sample probe and valve V2 (Figure D79-1) may be excluded from the leak check.
(b)Pressure side leak check.
(1) The maximum allowable leakage rate on the pressure side in 5 percent of the in-use flow rate.
(2) Option: If the flow rate for each flow meter is equal to or greater than the flow rate recorded in § 86.329(b)(1)(ii), then a pressure side leak check is not required.
Title 40 published on 2013-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 40.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.