40 CFR 89.405 - Recorded information.
(b) Engine description and specification. A copy of the information specified in this paragraph must accompany each engine sent to the Administrator for compliance testing. The manufacturer need not record the information specified in this paragraph for each test if the information, with the exception of paragraphs (b)(3) and (b)(9) of this section, is included in the manufacturer's application for certification.
(5) Number of hours of operation accumulated on the engine prior to beginning the warm-up portion of the test.
(8) All pertinent instrument information such as tuning, gain, serial numbers, detector number, and calibration curve numbers. As long as this information is available for inspection by the Administrator, it may be summarized by system number or analyzer identification numbers.
(3) Intermediate speed and rated speed as defined in § 89.2 and maximum observed torque for these speeds.
(4) Recorder chart or equivalent. Identify the zero traces for each range used, and span traces for each range used.
(5) Air temperature after and pressure drop across the charge air cooler (if applicable) at maximum observed torque and rated speed.
(1) Recorder chart or equivalent. Identify for each test mode the emission concentration traces and the associated analyzer range(s). Identify the start and finish of each test.
(4) Record engine torque and engine rpm continuously during each mode with a chart recorder or equivalent recording device.
(1) Recorder chart or equivalent. Identify the zero traces for each range used and the span traces for each range used. Identify hangup check, if performed.
[59 FR 31335, June 17, 1994. Redesignated and amended at 63 FR 56995, 57015, Oct. 23, 1998]
Title 40 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.