40 CFR 89.607 - Maintenance of independent commercial importer's records.
(a) The Independent Commercial Importer (ICI) subject to any of the provisions of this subpart must establish and maintain adequately organized and indexed records, correspondence and other applicable documents relating to the certification, modification, test, purchase, sale, storage, registration, and importation of that nonroad engine. The ICI must retain such records for 8 years from the date of final admission or exportation of a nonconforming nonroad engine imported by the ICI. These records include, but are not limited to:
(2) Any documents or other written information required by a federal government agency to be submitted or retained in conjunction with the certification, importation or emission testing (if applicable) of nonroad engines;
(3) All bills of sale, invoices, purchase agreements, purchase orders, principal or agent agreements, and correspondence between the ICI and the ultimate purchaser of each nonroad engine and between any agents of the above parties;
(4) For nonroad engines imported by an ICI pursuant to § 89.605 or § 89.609, documents providing parts identification data (including calibration changes and part numbers and location of such parts on each nonroad engine) associated with the emission control system installed on each nonroad engine demonstrating that such emission control system was properly installed on such nonroad engine;
(5) For nonroad engines imported by an ICI pursuant to § 89.605 or § 89.609, documents demonstrating that, where applicable, each nonroad engine was emission tested in accordance with subpart E of this part and part 86, subpart I of this chapter;
(6) Documents providing evidence that the requirements of § 89.610 have been met;
(8) Documents providing evidence of the initiation of the 15 working day hold period (that is, evidence that the application submitted pursuant to § 89.605(a) or § 89.609(b) was received by EPA) for each nonroad engine imported pursuant to § 89.605 or § 89.609;
(9) For nonroad engines owned by the ICI at the time of importation, documents providing evidence of the date of sale and date of delivery to the ultimate purchaser, together with the name, address, and telephone number of the ultimate purchaser for each nonroad engine imported pursuant to § 89.605 or § 89.609;
(10) For nonroad engines not owned by the ICI at the time of importation, documents providing evidence and date of release to the owner (including owner's name, address, and telephone number) for each nonroad engine imported pursuant to § 89.605 or § 89.609;
(11) Documents providing evidence of the date of original manufacture of the nonroad engine. The importer may substitute an alternate date in lieu of the date of original manufacture, provided that the substitution of such alternate date is approved in advance by the Administrator.
(b) The ICI is responsible for ensuring the maintenance of records required by this section, regardless of whether or not facilities used by the ICI to comply with requirements of this subpart are under the control of the ICI.
[59 FR 31335, June 17, 1994. Redesignated at 63 FR 56996, Oct. 23, 1998]
Title 40 published on 2014-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.