40 CFR 91.107 - Application for certification.
(a) For each engine family, the engine manufacturer must submit to the Administrator a completed application for a certificate of conformity, except that with respect to an existing technology OB/PWC engine a manufacturer may, in lieu of providing such application, submit to the Administrator summary testing and other information as determined by the Administrator.
(b) The application must be approved and signed by the authorized representative of the manufacturer.
(c) The application must be updated and corrected by amendment as provided in § 91.122 to accurately reflect the manufacturer's production.
(1) A description of the basic engine design including, but not limited to, the engine family specifications;
(2) An explanation of how the emission control system operates, including a detailed description of all emission control system components (detailed component calibrations are not required to be included, however they must be provided if requested), each auxiliary emission control device (AECD), and all fuel system components to be installed on any production or test engine(s);
(5) The description of the operating cycle and the service accumulation period necessary to break in the test engine(s) and stabilize emission levels and any maintenance scheduled;
(iv) Production tolerances of the limits or stops used to establish each physically adjustable range; and
(v) Information relating to why the physical limits or stops used to establish the physically adjustable range of each parameter, or any other means used to inhibit adjustment, are effective in preventing adjustment of parameters to settings outside the manufacturer's intended physically adjustable ranges on in-use engines;
(7) Regarding the averaging, banking, and trading provisions, the information specified in § 91.208;
(8) The proposed maintenance and use instructions the manufacturer will furnish to the ultimate purchaser of each new engine and the proposed emission control label;
(10) A statement that the test engine(s), as described in the manufacturer's application for certification, has been tested in accordance with the applicable test procedures, utilizing the fuels and equipment described in the application, and that on the basis of such tests the engine(s) conforms to the requirements of this part; and
(11) An unconditional statement certifying that all engines in the engine family comply with all requirements of this part and the Clean Air Act.
(12) Identification of an agent for service located in the United States. Service on this agent constitutes service on you or any of your officers or employees for any action by EPA or otherwise by the United States related to the requirements of this part.
(e) At the Administrator's request, the manufacturer must supply such additional information as may be required to evaluate the application including, but not limited to, projected marine SI engine production.
(1) The Administrator may modify the information submission requirements of paragraph (d) of this section, provided the information specified therein is maintained by the engine manufacturer as required by § 91.121, and amended, updated, or corrected as necessary.
(2) For the purposes of this paragraph, § 91.121(a)(1) includes all information specified in paragraph (d) of this section whether or not such information is actually submitted to the Administrator for any particular model year.
Title 40 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.