40 CFR 92.1 - Applicability.
prev | next
(a) Except as noted in paragraphs (b), (d) and (e) of this section, the provisions of this part apply to manufacturers, remanufacturers, owners and operators of:
(2) Locomotives and locomotive engines manufactured on or after January 1, 1973 and remanufactured on or after January 1, 2000; and
(3) Locomotives and locomotive engines manufactured prior to January 1, 1973, and upgraded on or after January 1, 2000.
(1) Steam locomotives, as defined in § 92.2;
(3) Locomotive engines which provide only hotel power (see 40 CFR parts 89 and 1039 to determine if such engines are subject to EPA emission requirements); or
(4) Nonroad vehicles excluded from the definition of locomotive in § 92.2, and the engines used in such nonroad vehicles (see 40 CFR parts 86, 89, and 1039 to determine if such vehicles or engines are subject to EPA emission requirements).
(c) For cases in which there are multiple entities meeting the definition of manufacturer or remanufacturer, see § 92.209 for guidance.
(e) The provisions of this part do not apply for locomotives that are subject to the emissions standards of 40 CFR part 1033.
Title 40 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.