(a) The manufacturer or remanufacturer of any locomotive or locomotive engine that is certified under the averaging, banking, and trading program must establish, maintain, and retain the following adequately organized and indexed records for each such locomotive or locomotive engine produced:
(1) EPA engine family and configuration;
(2) Engine identification number;
(3) Engine calendar year and build date;
(4) Rated horsepower;
(5) Purchaser and destination or owner; and
(6) Assembly plant.
(b) The manufacturer or remanufacturer of any engine family that is certified under the averaging, banking, and trading program must establish, maintain, and retain the following adequately organized and indexed records for each such family:
(1) Model year and EPA engine family;
(2) Family Emission Limit (FEL);
(3) Rated horsepower for each configuration;
(4) Projected applicable production/sales volume for the calendar year;
(5) Actual applicable production/sales volume for the calendar year; and
(6) Useful life.
(c) Any manufacturer or remanufacturer producing an engine family participating in trading or transfer of credits must maintain the following records on a quarterly basis for each engine family in the trading program:
(1) The model year and engine family;
(2) The actual quarterly and cumulative applicable production/sales volume;
(3) The values required to calculate credits as given in § 92.305 ;
(4) The resulting type and number of credits generated/required;
(5) How and where credit surpluses are dispersed; and
(6) How and through what means credit deficits are met.
(d) The manufacturer or remanufacturer must retain all records required to be maintained under this section for a period of 8 years from the due date for the end-of-calendar year report. Records may be retained as hard copy or reduced to microfilm, ADP diskettes, and so forth, depending on the manufacturer's or remanufacturer's record retention procedure; provided, that in every case all information contained in the hard copy is retained.
(e) Nothing in this section limits the Administrator's discretion in requiring the manufacturer or remanufacturer to retain additional records or submit information not specifically required by this section.
(f) Pursuant to a request made by the Administrator, the manufacturer or remanufacturer must submit to the Administrator the information that the manufacturer or remanufacturer is required to retain.
(g) EPA may void ab initio a certificate of conformity for an engine family for which the manufacturer or remanufacturer fails to retain the records required in this section or to provide such information to the Administrator upon request.
Effective Date Note:At 63 FR 19056, Apr. 16, 1998, § 92.308 was added. This section contains information collection and recordkeeping requirements and will not become effective until approval has been given by the Office of Management and Budget.
Title 40 published on 2012-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.