(a) Livestock facilities must report annual aggregate CH4 and N2O emissions for the following MMS components at the facility:
(1) Uncovered anaerobic lagoons.
(2) Liquid/slurry systems (with and without crust covers, and including but not limited to ponds and tanks).
(3) Storage pits.
(4) Digesters, including covered anaerobic lagoons.
(5) Solid manure storage.
(6) Dry lots, including feedlots.
(7) High-rise houses for poultry production (poultry without litter)
(8) Poultry production with litter.
(9) Deep bedding systems for cattle and swine.
(10) Manure composting.
(11) Aerobic treatment.
(b) A livestock facility that is subject to this rule only because of emissions from manure management system components is not required to report emissions from subparts C through PP (other than subpart JJ) of this part.
(c) A livestock facility that is subject to this part because of emissions from source categories described in subparts C through PP of this part is not required to report emissions under subpart JJ of this part unless emissions from manure management systems are 25,000 metric tons CO2e per year or more.
Title 40 published on 2014-07-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 40.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.