40 CFR Part 86, Appendix XV to Part 86 - Procedure for Determining an Acceptable Exhaust Regeneration Durability-Data Test Schedule for Diesel Cycle Vehicles...Oxidizer Systems Certifying to the Provisions of Part 86, Subpart R
Appendix XV to Part 86—Procedure for Determining an Acceptable Exhaust Regeneration Durability-Data Test Schedule for Diesel Cycle Vehicles Equipped With Periodically Regenerating Trap Oxidizer Systems Certifying to the Provisions of Part 86, Subpart R
1. Select exhaust system mileage test points for proposed (prop) schedule.
2. Calculate the sums of the squares corrected to the mean of the system mileages at the proposed test points:
Aprop = [∑(Xp)2 − ((∑Xp)2 / Np))prop
Xp = Individual mileages at which the vehicle will be tested.
Np = Total number of tests (including before and after maintenance tests).
(Subscript “p” refers to proposed test schedule).
3. The exhaust system mileage tests points at 5,000, 25,000, 50,000, 75,000, and 100,000 miles will be designated as the standard (std) test schedule.
4. Calculate the sums of square corrected to the mean of the standard tests schedule:
Bstd = [∑(Xs)2 − ((∑Xs)2 / Ns))std
Xs = Individual mileages at which the vehicle will be tested.
Ns = Total number of regeneration emission tests.
(Subscript “s” refers to standard test schedule)
5. Refer to table I and determine tp at (Np − 2)prop degrees of freedom and ts at (Ns − 2)std degrees of freedom.
6. If (Aprop)1/2 ≥ tp / ts × (Bstd)1/2 the proposed plan is acceptable.
|Degrees of freedom (N-2)||t|
[62 FR 31264, June 6, 1997]
Title 40 published on 2013-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.