(a) 40 CFR 1507.3(b)(2) in conjunction with 40 CFR 1508.4 requires agencies to establish three typical classes of action for similar treatment under NEPA. These typical classes of action are set forth below:
(1) Actions normally requiring EIS: None.
(2) Actions normally requiring assessments but not necessarily EISs: Requests for actions for which determinations under § 51-7.2(b) are found to be affirmative.
(3) Actions normally not requiring assessments or EISs: Request for actions by nonprofit agencies through the central nonprofit agencies to add a commodity or service to the Committee's Procurement List.
(b) The Committee shall independently determine, by referring to 40 CFR 1508.27, whether an EIS or an environmental assessment is required where:
(1) A proposal for agency action is not covered by one of the typical classes of action above; or
(2) For actions which are covered, but where the presence of extraordinary circumstances indicates that some other level of environmental review may be appropriate.
Title 41 published on 2009-07-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.