§ 1001.1201Failure to provide payment information.
(a)Circumstance for exclusion. The OIG may exclude any individual or entity that furnishes items or services for which payment may be made under Medicare or any of the State health care programs and that:
(1) Fails to provide such information as is necessary to determine whether such payments are or were due and the amounts thereof, or
(2) Has refused to permit such examination and duplication of its records as may be necessary to verify such information.
(b)Length of exclusion. The following factors will be considered in determining the length of an exclusion under this section—
(1) The number of instances where information was not provided;
(2) The circumstances under which such information was not provided;
(3) The amount of the payments at issue;
(4) Whether the individual or entity has a documented history of criminal, civil or administrative wrongdoing (The lack of any prior record is to be considered neutral); and
(5) The availability of alternative sources of the type of health care items or services provided by the individual or entity.
[57 FR 3330, Jan. 29, 1992, as amended at 63 FR 46689, Sept. 2, 1998]
Title 42 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.