42 CFR 401.721 - Terminating an agreement with a qualified entity.
prev | next
(a) Grounds for terminating a qualified entity agreement. CMS may terminate an agreement with a qualified entity if CMS determines the qualified entity or its contractor meets any of the following:
(2) Fails to completely and accurately report information to CMS or fails to make appropriate corrections in response to confidential reviews by providers and suppliers in a timely manner.
(3) Fails to submit an approvable corrective action plan (CAP) as prescribed by CMS, fails to implement an approved CAP, or fails to demonstrate improved performance after the implementation of a CAP.
(4) Improperly uses or discloses claims information received from CMS in violation of the requirements in this subpart.
(6) Fails to maintain adequate data from other sources in accordance with § 401.711(c).
(b) Return or destruction of CMS data upon voluntary or involuntary termination from the qualified entity program:
(1) If CMS terminates a qualified entity's agreement, the qualified entity and its contractors must immediately upon receipt of notification of the termination commence returning or destroying any and all CMS data (and any derivative files). In no instance can this process exceed 30 days.
Title 42 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.