42 CFR 426.476 - Board review of an ALJ's decision.
(2) Hears oral argument (which may be held by telephone) if the Board determines that oral argument would be helpful to the Board's review of the ALJ decision;
(4) Issues a written decision either upholding, modifying, or reversing the ALJ decision, or remanding the case to the ALJ for further proceedings.
(1) In general. The Board determines whether the ALJ decision contains any material error, including any failure to properly apply the reasonableness standard.
(2) If the ALJ erred in determining that the contractor's record was complete and adequate to support the validity of the LCD, the Board remands the case to the ALJ for discovery and the taking of evidence.
(3) If a party alleges a prejudicial error of procedure, and the Board determines that such an error was made, the Board may remand the case to the ALJ for further proceedings consistent with the Board decision or may take other appropriate steps to correct the procedural error.
(c) Scope of review. In reaching its conclusions, the Board is bound by applicable laws, regulations, and NCDs.
Title 42 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.