Direct payments to certain recipients for physicians' or dentists' services.
(a) Basis and purpose. This section implements section 1905(a) of the Act by prescribing requirements applicable to States making direct payments to certain recipients for physicians' or dentists' services.
(b) State plan requirements. Except for groups specified in paragraph (c) of this section, a State may make direct payments to recipients for physicians' or dentists' services. If it does so, the State plan must—
(1) Provide for direct payments; and
(2) Specify the conditions under which payments are made.
(c) Federal financial participation. No FFP is available in expenditures for direct payment for physicians' or dentists' services to any recipient—
(1) Who is receiving assistance under the State's approved plan under title I, IV-A, X, XIV or XVI (AABD) of the Act; or
(2) To whom supplemental security benefits are being paid under title XVI of the Act; or
(3) Who is receiving or eligible for a State supplementary payment or would be eligible if he were not in a medical institution, and who is eligible for Medicaid as a categorically needy recipient.
(d) Federal requirements.(1) Direct payments to recipients under this section are an alternative to payments directly to providers and are subject to the same conditions; for example, the State's reasonable charge schedules are applicable.
(2) Direct payments must be supported by providers' bills for services.
Title 42 published on 2012-10-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 42.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.