(a) A State may make claims for Federal payment based on expenditures incurred by the State prior to or during the period of availability related to that fiscal year.
(b) In order to receive Federal financial participation (FFP) for a State's claims for payment for the State's expenditures, a State must—
(1) Submit budget estimates of quarterly funding requirements for Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Programs; and
(2) Submit an expenditure report.
(c) Based on the State's quarterly budget estimates, CMS—
(1) Issues an advance grant to a State as described in § 457.630 ;
(2) Tracks and applies Federal payments claimed quarterly by each State, the District of Columbia, and each Commonwealth and Territory to ensure that payments do not exceed the applicable allotments for the fiscal year; and
(3) Track and apply relevant State, District of Columbia, Commonwealth and Territory expenditures reported each quarter against the 10 percent limit on expenditures other than child health assistance for standard benefit package, on a fiscal year basis as specified in § 457.618.
[65 FR 33622, May 24, 2000, as amended at 75 FR 48852, Aug. 11, 2010]
Title 42 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.