42 CFR 457.950 - Contract and payment requirements including certification of payment-related information.
(a) Managed care entity (MCE). A State that makes payments to an MCE under a separate child health program, based on data submitted by the MCE, must ensure that its contract requires the MCE to provide—
(2) An attestation to the accuracy, completeness, and truthfulness of claims and payment data, under penalty of perjury;
(3) Access for the State, CMS, and the HHS Office of the Inspector General to enrollee health claims data and payment data, in conformance with the appropriate privacy protections in the State; and
(4) A guarantee that the MCE will not avoid costs for services covered in its contract by referring enrollees to publicly supported health care resources.
(b) Fee-for-service entities. A State that makes payments to fee-for-service entities under a separate child health program must—
(1) Establish procedures to ensure that the entity certifies and attests that information on claim forms is truthful, accurate, and complete;
(2) Ensure that fee-for-service entities understand that payment and satisfaction of the claims will be from Federal and State funds, and that any false claims may be prosecuted under applicable Federal or State laws; and
Title 42 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.