(a) General rule. To enroll in a PACE program, an individual must meet eligibility requirements specified in this section. To continue to be eligible for PACE, an individual must meet the annual recertification requirements specified in § 460.160.
(b) Basic eligibility requirements. To be eligible to enroll in PACE, an individual must meet the following requirements:
(1) Be 55 years of age or older.
(2) Be determined by the State administering agency to need the level of care required under the State Medicaid plan for coverage of nursing facility services, which indicates that the individual's health status is comparable to the health status of individuals who have participated in the PACE demonstration waiver programs.
(3) Reside in the service area of the PACE organization.
(4) Meet any additional program specific eligibility conditions imposed under the PACE program agreement. These additional conditions may not modify the requirements of paragraph (b)(1) through (b)(3) of this section.
(c) Other eligibility requirements.(1) At the time of enrollment, an individual must be able to live in a community setting without jeopardizing his or her health or safety.
(2) The criteria used to determine if an individual's health or safety would be jeopardized by living in a community setting must be specified in the program agreement.
(d) Eligibility under Medicare and Medicaid. Eligibility to enroll in a PACE program is not restricted to an individual who is either a Medicare beneficiary or Medicaid recipient. A potential PACE enrollee may be, but is not required to be, any or all of the following:
(1) Entitled to Medicare Part A.
(2) Enrolled under Medicare Part B.
(3) Eligible for Medicaid.
Title 42 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.