§ 460.204Financial recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
(a)Accurate reports. A PACE organization must provide CMS and the State administering agency with accurate financial reports that are—
(1) Prepared using an accrual basis of accounting; and
(2) Verifiable by qualified auditors.
(b)Accrual accounting. A PACE organization must maintain an accrual accounting recordkeeping system that does the following:
(1) Accurately documents all financial transactions.
(2) Provides an audit trail to source documents.
(3) Generates financial statements.
(c)Accepted reporting practices. Except as specified under Medicare principles of reimbursement, as defined in part 413 of this chapter, a PACE organization must follow standardized definitions, accounting, statistical, and reporting practices that are widely accepted in the health care industry.
(d)Audit or inspection. A PACE organization must permit CMS and the State administering agency to audit or inspect any books and records of original entry that pertain to the following:
(1) Any aspect of services furnished.
(2) Reconciliation of participants' benefit liabilities.
(3) Determination of Medicare and Medicaid amounts payable.
Title 42 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.