42 CFR 460.26 - Submission and evaluation of waiver requests.
(1) A PACE organization must submit its waiver request through the State administering agency for initial review. The State administering agency forwards waiver requests to CMS along with any concerns or conditions regarding the waiver.
(2) Entities submitting an application to become a PACE organization may submit a waiver request. The entity must submit its waiver request through the State administering agency for initial review. The State administering agency forwards the waiver requests to CMS along with any concerns or conditions regarding the waiver. The waiver request is submitted as a document separate from the application but may be submitted in conjunction with and at the same time as the application.
(b) CMS evaluates a waiver request from a PACE organization on the basis of the following information:
(1) The adequacy of the description and rationale for the waiver provided by the PACE organization or PACE applicant, including any additional information requested by CMS.
(2) Information obtained by CMS and the State administering agency in on-site reviews and monitoring of the PACE organization.
(1) A focus on frail elderly qualifying individuals who require the level of care provided in a nursing facility.
(4) Capitated, integrated financing that allows the provider to pool payments received from public and private programs and individuals.
Title 42 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.