§ 460.64Personnel qualifications for staff with direct participant contact.
(a)General qualification requirements. Each member of the PACE organization's staff that has direct participant contact, (employee or contractor) must meet the following conditions:
(1) Be legally authorized (for example, currently licensed, registered or certified if applicable) to practice in the State in which he or she performs the function or action;
(2) Only act within the scope of his or her authority to practice;
(3) Have 1 year of experience with a frail or elderly population;
(4) Meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by the PACE organization and approved by CMS before working independently.
(5) Be medically cleared for communicable diseases and have all immunizations up-to-date before engaging in direct participant contact.
(b)Federally-defined qualifications for physician. In addition to the qualification specified in paragraph (a) of this section, a physician must meet the qualifications and conditions in § 410.20 of this chapter.