(a) The PACE organization must ensure that all employees and contracted staff furnishing care directly to participants demonstrate the skills necessary for performance of their position.
(1) The PACE organization must provide each employee and all contracted staff with an orientation. The orientation must include at a minimum the organization's mission, philosophy, policies on participant rights, emergency plan, ethics, the PACE benefit, and any policies related to the job duties of specific staff.
(2) The PACE organization must develop a competency evaluation program that identifies those skills, knowledge, and abilities that must be demonstrated by direct participant care staff (employees and contractors).
(3) The competency program must be evidenced as completed before performing participant care and on an ongoing basis by qualified professionals.
(4) The PACE organization must designate a staff member to oversee these activities for employees and work with the PACE contractor liaison to ensure compliance by contracted staff.
(b) The PACE organization must develop a program to ensure that all staff furnishing direct participant care services meet the following requirements:
(1) Comply with any State or Federal requirements for direct patient care staff in their respective settings.
(2) Comply with the requirements of § 460.68(a) regarding persons with criminal convictions.
(3) Have verified current certifications or licenses for their respective positions.
(4) Are free of communicable diseases and are up to date with immunizations before performing direct patient care.
(5) Have been oriented to the PACE program.
(6) Agree to abide by the philosophy, practices, and protocols of the PACE organization.
[67 FR 61505, Oct. 1, 2002, as amended at 71 FR 71335, Dec. 8, 2006]
Title 42 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.