How will grant applications be evaluated and the grants awarded?
(a) Within the limits of funds available, the Secretary may award a grant to assist in meeting the cost of a venereal disease control program. Before awarding a grant to a political subdivision of a State, the Secretary will consult with the State health authority.
(b) Priorities for funding will be based on the following factors:
(1) The relative extent of the venereal disease problem in the area served by the applicant.
(2) The design of the venereal disease prevention and control program.
(3) The general quality of the applicant's plan of operation and objectives in accordance with the requirements in these regulations. Emphasis will be placed on determining the extent to which services are coordinated among health care providers in the area served and integrated into a cohesive plan for delivery of service to groups having the highest incidence of venereal disease.
(4) The capacity of the applicant to make effective use of Federal funds.
(5) The commitment of the applicant to the control of venereal disease as reflected in the commitment of applicant resources to the program.
Title 42 published on 2012-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.