43 CFR 2.74 - Petitions for amendment: Appeals.
(a) Right of appeal. Except for appeals pertaining to Office of Personnel Management records, where a petition for amendment has been rejected in whole or in part, the individual submitting the petition may appeal the denial to the Assistant Secretary—Policy, Budget and Administration.
(1) An appeal must be received no later than twenty (20) working days after the date of the decision on a petition.
(2) The Assistant Secretary—Policy, Budget and Administration may, for good cause shown, extend the time for submission of an appeal if a written request for additional time is received within twenty (20) working days of the date of the decision on a petition.
(1) An appeal shall be in writing and shall attach copies of the initial petition and the decision on that petition.
(2) The appeal shall contain a brief statement of the reasons why the appellant believes the decision on the petition to have been in error.
(3) The appeal shall be addressed to Privacy Act Officer, Office of the Assistant Secretary—Policy, Budget and Administration, U.S. Department of the Interior, Washington, DC 20240.
[40 FR 44505, Sept. 26, 1975, as amended at 47 FR 38328, Aug. 31, 1982; 53 FR 3750, Feb. 9, 1988]
Title 43 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.