The Secretary may issue coal leases on all Federal lands except:
(a) Lands in:
(1) The National Park System;
(2) The National Wildlife Refuge System;
(3) The National Wilderness Preservation System;
(4) The National System of Trails;
(5) The National Wild and Scenic Rivers System, including study rivers designated under section 5(a) of the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act;
(6) Incorporated cities, towns, and villages;
(7) The Naval Petroleum Reserves, the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska, and oil shale reserves; and
(8) National Recreation Areas designated by law;
(b) Tide lands, submerged coastal lands within the Continental Shelf adjacent or littoral to any part of land within the jurisdiction of the United States; and
(c) Land acquired by the United States for the development of mineral deposits, by foreclosure or otherwise for resale, or reported as surplus property pursuant to the provisions of the Surplus Property Act of 1944 (50 U.S.C. App. 1622).
Title 43 published on 2013-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.