(a) Upon completion of the environmental assessment or impact statement on the application, the authorized officer shall, if not previously submitted, request a final showing by the applicant.
(b) The authorized officer shall transmit to the applicant, separately or with a request for a final showing, the following:
(1) The proposed lease form, including any proposed stipulations; and
(2) A copy of the environmental assessment or impact statement on the application including a map or maps showing all areas subject to specific conditions or protective stipulations because they have been assessed or designated to be unsuitable for all or certain stipulated methods of coal mining, or because of other identified values that are not embodied in the unsuitability criteria in subpart .
(c) The authorized officer shall process all preference right lease applications, except for those preference right lease applications numbered F-029746 and F-033619, in accordance with the following standards and procedures:
(1) The authorized officer shall transmit a request for final showing to each applicant for each preference right lease application for which it proposes to issue a lease.
(2) Copies of each request shall be sent to all interested parties.
(3) The request shall contain proposed lease terms and special stipulations;
(d) Within 90 days of receiving the proposed lease form, the applicant shall submit the following information:
(1) Estimated revenues;
(2) The proposed means of meeting the proposed lease terms and special conditions and the estimated costs that a prudent person would consider before deciding to operate the proposed mine, including but not limited to, the cost of developing the mine, removing the coal, processing the coal to make it salable, transporting the coal, paying applicable royalties and taxes, and complying with applicable laws and regulations, the proposed lease terms, and special stipulations; and
(3) If the applicant intends to mine the deposit in the lands covered by a preference right lease application as part of a logical mining unit, the applicant shall include the estimated costs and revenue of the combined mining venture.
(e) The applicant may withdraw any lands from the application and delete them from the final showing if the applicant is no longer interested in leasing such lands or if such lands would be subject to special conditions or protective stipulations and the cost of mining the lands subject to these conditions or protective stipulations would adversely affect the commercial quantities determination.
(f) The applicant may delete any area subject to special conditions or protective stipulations, because it has been assessed to be unsuitable or otherwise, and the costs of mining subject to the conditions or protective stipulations, from the final showing required by paragraph (c) of this section.
(g) All data submitted by the preference right lease applicant that is labeled as privileged or confidential shall be treated in accordance with the provisions of part 2 of this title.
[44 FR 42628, July 19, 1979, as amended at 47 FR 33143, July 30, 1982; 52 FR 25799, July 8, 1987]
Title 43 published on 2011-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.